[K12OSN] Pointing device not detected

John P. Conlon jconlon1 at elp.rr.com
Tue Sep 7 21:09:49 UTC 2004

I use a serial port track ball as my pointing device on a stand alone
machine. Back when I installed 4.0.1 the installation process asked me
to identify my mouse and then asked me which port it was on. It worked
as a Microsoft compatible mouse.  Today when I did a clean install of
4.1 It asked me which mouse I have but did not allow me to identify the
port.  The mouse selected doesn't work and I tried every serial port
mouse in the install set.  What file do I need to change? Where do I
find the file? How do I change the file?  I have a motion disabled
student who can't use a standard mouse so I need to get my track ball
back in operation.

Thanks
Pat