[K12OSN] bottleneck question

Liam Marshall lsrpm at mts.net
Wed Sep 8 18:54:08 UTC 2004

It is the first day of school, so of course I have discovered a
problem.  Running K12LTSP server and 31 thin clients.  All are able to
connect, but after attempting to all surf with Mozilla at the same time
it slowed down seriously

ran top on server, which has hyperthreading single cpu 3.06 MHz and 2 GB
RAM.  cpu usage total says 152% with roughly 70% on cpu01 and 80 % on
cpu00

memory free down to 400 MB.

There is not much I can do immediately about the cpu.  I can increase
the memory to 4GB if I new that would help

will it, or will the cpu usage still be really high, which according to
top is the killer?