[K12OSN] K12LTSP Presentation and Contact List

Richard K. Ingalls ringalls at glenwood.k12.mo.us
Fri Sep 10 18:41:42 UTC 2004

Sure Steve:

My name is Richard Ingalls and I'm the Technology Director at my rural
school district in Missouri.  I have implemented two K12LTSP servers
in two different classrooms and I'm preparing to deploy a third server
to cover two more classrooms.  I have ONLY used older, refurbished PCs
for the diskless workstations (but of course, new servers).  Sometimes
I buy the refurbs, sometimes I build one out of parts I have here.

I have presented on this topic at two state-level technology
conferences.  The Missouri State Teachers Association did a magazine
article about the linux labs at my school.  The local NBC affiliate
did a story about it too.  Now we have schools and people calling to
donate their old PCs (which is allowing me to put in two more labs!).

This is amazing!  I love K12LTSP!  I'd love to help you in any way
that I can.  My contact info is in the signature at the bottom of the
email.

steve at hargadon.com wrote:
> Next week I am giving a presentation on K12LTSP to the Non-Commercial
> Refurbishers Summit in Chicago.
> (http://pcsforschools.org/ncrs/standards.html)  What started originally as
> a 15 minute slot has now been expanded to 90 minutes, and they have asked
> me to set up a working lab as well.  Attending will be non-profit computer
> refurbishers from all over the country (and some international as well).
>
> As a part of my presentation, I'd like to present a list of schools and
> businesses who are running LTSP--both to show some of the scope of
> implementation, and also to serve as a resource.  If you would be
> comfortable being listed, would you please send me a note with your contact
> information?
>
> Last month I helped a charter school in Hawaii install K12LTSP, and I am
> working with the Candian government to set up 2,000 LTSP labs in Kenya,
> Africa (which should be about 40,000 workstations).  For the last 16 years
> my company has refurbished computer equipment, and schools and school
> districts have been some of our most consistent customers.  I have three
> demonstrations of K12LTSP scheduled this month, and I am interested in
> providing K12LTSP installation and consulting as a part of our services.  I
> would also welcome any help, advice, or contact related to this as well.
>
> I really appreciate all who have worked to create such a great use for used
> computers, and I have found this list to be an enormously helpful resource.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Steve Hargadon
> Hargadon Computer
> 916-652-8600, ext. 711
> steve at hargadon.com

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
  for that which he cannot lose."
  -- Jim Elliott

RICHARD K. INGALLS
Director of Information Technology
Glenwood R-8 School District
West Plains, MO

email..ringalls (at) glenwood.k12.mo.us
web....http://glenwood.k12.mo.us
ph.....417.256.4849
fax....417.257.2567

"Miracles are a retelling in small letters
  of the very same story which is written across
  the whole world in letters too large
  for some of us to see."
  -- C. S. Lewis