[K12OSN] Found Something! re: CPU usage 4.1

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Mon Sep 13 21:43:02 UTC 2004

Eric Harrison wrote:

>I've uploaded new testing icewm packages with icewm instead of
>icewm-session:

This doesn't really effect me, because I have REALLY hacked the xdm
stuff so that my users don't even see a choice -- but if you change that
to icewm instead of icewm-session, things like the system tray icons
don't work.  It's a really nice feature of icewm, for programs like
gaim, etc. that use the system tray.

The better way might be to keep icewm-session, and uninstall the
optional icetray, etc.  I could be very wrong though -- perhaps someone
could test keeping the icewm-session and uninstalling the icetray (and
icebg if it's separate)

-Shawn