[K12OSN] Fwd: "Stateless Linux" project

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Tue Sep 14 01:44:18 UTC 2004

The 'Stateless Linux' project does look pretty interesting, but from
what I can tell, they are targetting fairly powerful hardware as the
thin client.   In a business, where they can afford to buy all new
thin clients, that's fine, but in a school environment, that's not
typically the type of hardware you get.

Just try to imagine running applications locally on an old Compaq with
16 or 32mb of ram and a Pentium 100.

Still, they've got some cool ideas cooking.  The great thing about open
source is that whatever they come up with, if it turns out to be a good
idea, we can adapt it to our needs too :)

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org