[K12OSN] Star Office

Pete pvdw at criticalcontrol.com
Tue Sep 14 20:06:25 UTC 2004

Meghan Chavez wrote:

>We are trying to install StarOffice to our linux server so that all users have the ability to run the program and save files to their home directory. We have successfully installed StarOffice on the linux server, but we have to run through the install for each user who logs in which is troublesome since we have hundreds of users.  Is there a shorter way of installing for every user?  Can you please offer suggestions?

As far as I know you should be able to do the following :
make a dummy user
run the so workstation script for that dummy user
in the dummy users /home/dir there will be a starofice7 directory now
use this so7 dir as a template.
Make a script:
  for every user copy the template dir into /home/user and run a sed
script through it so that all occurences of /home/dummy are replaced by
/home/$USER

Done

Pete