[K12OSN] samba-winbind-ads setup

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Thu Sep 16 11:41:21 UTC 2004

Thanks, John.  I've actually looked at, and followed this.  It must be my
own stupidity because, as mentioned earlier, I got all the right responses
to wbinfo -u and -g and getent passwd, but my users were still denied access
to the shares.  Was this a permissions issue?  Dunno.  I did, for example,
change the group on a share to e.g. "\\mydomain\departmentx" (or some such,
I don't remember exactly; also might have tried "mydomain+departmentx") to
match wbinfo -g groups.  It was all to no avail.

While I'm not new to Samba, I am to ADS (and quickly getting to hate it).
It's getting all the pieces (Samba, Winbind, ADS, LDAP? Kerberos?) to work
for me.  So, without trying to be maudlin, holding my hand through the
process would be most appreciated.  Hope this is not overstepping my bounds.
If so, my apologies.

Diggy