[K12OSN] Third mouse button

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 01:51:32 UTC 2004

I'm not sure which button you're calling the third one.  Presumably
you're already right-clicking your little heart away & you're talking
about the middle button.  IMHO it's already programmed nicely.  In
most applications the left button copies text when it's selected.  The
middle button pastes.  It's very convenient.

In Firefox (and Mozilla with a change to the Tabbed Browsing
preferences) middle-clicking a link opens the link in a new tab.  Also
very convenient & I can't figure out how to do it in Windoze (I don't
use Windows except to run System Update, but I have friends, students
and colleagues who try to use it to accomplish work).

That's a fairly long way to say "I don't know."