[K12OSN] Quick way to empty student folders

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 02:01:40 UTC 2004

When I write a script like that I always do something like this first:

           for i in /home/*; do echo rm -rf $i/*; done

To get an idea what might happen.

It appears that the above won't remove the .dotfiles.  That might
really be the desired result, but you might rather

         cd /home
         for i in * ; do rm -rf $i; mkdir $i; chown $i.$i $i; done

but you might first

                 for i in * ; do echo rm -rf $i; echo mkdir $i; echo
chown $i.$i $i; done

Please note that what's left of a hurricane will soon be hitting me,
and this script could be why.