[K12OSN] Article in the Honolulu Advertiser

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Tue Sep 21 06:26:05 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, steve at hargadon.com wrote:

> Sure sounds like you have done some real good.
>
> But I am troubled by one thing--you seem to insinuate that the only
> legitimate way to install LTSP is to do so as a "volunteer."

Gee, I didn't detect that.  What i read was that the way
Scott has chosen to do this is as volunteers, showing the schools how to
be self reliant.  I don't recall him saying that's the ONLY way.

Personally, I applaud both the volunteers and those who are able to make
a business around deploying LTSP and Linux for schools, businesses,
governments, whatever.

I'd MUCH rather see people making money deploying LTSP and Linux instead
of deploying a Microsoft solution.  Opensource has turned software from
a product centric business model to a service centric business model.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org