{Spam?} RE: [K12OSN] samba-winbind-ads setup

Burroughs, Henry HBurroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Wed Sep 22 20:55:00 UTC 2004

Diggy,

Check /etc/nsswitch.conf and make sure winbind is listed on the lines for

passwd, shadow, & group.

Henry

-----Original Message-----
From:	Dimitri Yioulos [mailto:dyioulos at firstbhph.com]
Sent:	Wed 9/22/2004 1:43 PM
To:	'Support list for opensource software in schools.'
Subject:	RE: {Spam?} RE: [K12OSN] samba-winbind-ads setup

-----Original Message-----
From: k12osn-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:k12osn-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf
Of Dimitri Yioulos
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 10:59 AM
To: 'Support list for opensource software in schools.'
Subject: {Spam?} RE: [K12OSN] samba-winbind-ads setup

-----Original Message-----
From: k12osn-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:k12osn-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf
Of John Simovic
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 1:47 AM
To: 'Support list for opensource software in schools.'
Subject: RE: [K12OSN] samba-winbind-ads setup

Go to http://www.wlug.org.nz/ActiveDirectorySamba for an excellent
howto. Worked perfect for me

Trying to move ahead with my samba-winbind-ads setup, I followed the
directions in the how-to suggested by John to the letter.  I checked and
rechecked everything to make sure all was right.  I found that "net ads
join" only worked if I added the "S" switch.  Without it, I'd get the error
"ads_connect: Transport endpoint is not connected".  Doing a "wbinfo -u"
returns "Error looking up domain users".  What the ... am I doing wrong?

Diggy

Never mind.  I found that when I substituted the IP address of the DC in
both smb.conf and krb5.conf, it worked.  At least as for as "wbinfo -u" and
"wbinfo -g" returning expected results.  However, getent passwd does not
return the expected results.  Any idea as to why this is?

Diggy