[K12OSN] message for Hershey/Harrisburg area Linux advocates

Jesse McDonnell jessemcdonnell at comcast.net
Tue Sep 28 21:48:06 UTC 2004

posting on K12OSN and ltsp-discuss:

I'm a school librarian, a long-time homeuser of LTSP/K12LTSP, and a member (and Director) of the Pennsylvania School Librarians Association. PSLA's conference will be held from April 27-30, 2005 at the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center. We're looking into the possiblity of setting up an Internet Cafe to provide email and internet access to participants.

I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to showcase Linux for the approximately 1000 school librarians who will be attending and I'm wondering if there are any central PA list members who can help with setup, donate time during the conference, or lend hardware for a few days.  Right now, the donated hardware is my own Celeron Tualatin 1.3 GHz server w 756M Ram and my three client boxes.

Please let me know if you'd like to be involved, even if you can only make a tentative committment this far in advance. Thanks!

Jesse McDonnell, Teacher-Librarian
Franklin Regional Senior High School
Murrysville, PA 15668