[K12OSN] Appletalk and K12LTSP

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Sep 29 18:18:41 UTC 2004

> When I try to connect from an OSX Mac (OSX 10.2.5), I get
>
> Connection Failed
> This file server is running on your machine....................

I have experienced this and even fixed it.....but I can't for the life
of me remember off hand what the problem was.  If I am able to jog my
memory at all I will post immediately.  For all I know my solution was
to re-install everything.

While typing I am thinking it was a problem with AFP over TCP.  I may be
off base here but I think I had a problem with a load balanced NIC setup
and it kept loosing its IP information.  So Appletalk would attempt to
connect over TCP and then default to strict AFP and then I would get
that error.

Call me crazy but check your NIC configurations and verify TCP stuff.

If things clear up in this foggy space I refer to as my brain I'll post
again.

---