[K12OSN] Appletalk and K12LTSP

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Sep 29 19:21:17 UTC 2004

> I have had the same problem before.  Try going into the
> shares and removing(or moving) the .AppleDB directory. I have
> found that usually fixes it.

I had that cause hang ups just after login and trying to display the
share mounts as well.  Ours seems to be running correctly now if I just
manually create the .AppleDB, .AppleDouble, .AppleDesktop files in all
folders on the server that I generate and then give everyone full
priveleges to them.  Now we haven't had any more problems.  It was
giving us problems with bad icon files and other crap as well until
making the change.

---