[K12OSN] Modify Greeter screen in K12LTSP

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Thu Sep 30 14:45:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 18:10, Olivier LACHERE wrote:
> I suppose that it uses kdm, I've not changed anything since K12LTSP
> installation. It seems to be effectively kdm but how can I remove
> session otions ? modifying kdmrc doesn't work (I just try modify
> "SessionTypes" to keep only one type, but the "Session" Menu in Greeter
> always show all sessions types).

The file you have to edit is /etc/sysconfig/desktop
If you want to use gnome just the following line should be there:
DISPLAYMANAGER="GNOME"

If you want to use KDE the two lines:
DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"
DESKTOP="KDE"

To do any changes to log in menu under KDE go to control center and find
login menu under administration.

HTH

--
Sudev Barar