[K12OSN] OT: best wireless card for dell laptop

Heath Henderson hendersonh at unit5.org
Fri Apr 1 03:59:34 UTC 2005

I think you can get an internal Wireless Adapter (Mini-PCI) for the
1150.  You can't for the 1100 (I have one of those), but the 1150 I
think is setup to take one.

Check their website.  That is the best route if it will accept one.   I
think we got one of their 1350 Mini-PCI cards for 29 bucks or something
like that.

Heath Henderson
Assistant Technology Administrator
McLean County Unit 5 Schools
Normal, IL 61761

"Computers, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't!"
On Friday, Apr 01 Debbie Schiel wrote:
> SO I'm going to invest in a NEW card and I'm hoping that someone on
> the  list could offer some advice on the best wireless card that'll
> work with  a DELL Inspiron 1150 laptop running Fedora Core 2 OS.

Go with Proxim's ORiNOCO Classic Gold if you only need 11Mbs rates.
Well supported in Linux.

http://www.proxim.com/products/wifi/client/goldpccard/index.html

--
Bill Bardon