[ok-mail] [K12OSN] Mounting network drives

John Hansknecht jhansknecht at hanstech.com
Sun Apr 3 21:10:19 UTC 2005

On Monday 28 March 2005 09:41, Steve Kossakoski wrote:
> We have a K12LTSP server setup in each of our schools on MS2000 & 2003
> server networks.  We'd like to automount the directory where student
> folders reside.  Currently, we can browse to these folders, but it
> would easier for students/staff to open a folder, select their name,
> and login.  Can anyone point me to a how-to?

You can do this with the pam_mount module available here:
http://www.flyn.org/projects/pam_mount/

I use this module to mount the students network server folder under each
students home folder on the linux box. As most applications default to open
the users home folder the mounted student network server folder is
immediately available.

--
Thanks,

John Hansknecht
Hansknecht Technology Services
email: john at hanstech.com
phone: 248-420-7497

Thanks,

John

 system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
                - Mattrol at uscom.com (Drakmere)