[K12OSN] evolution

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Apr 4 03:30:26 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 20:43, bear2bar at netscape.net wrote:

> I just wish the rest was as easy

The brute force way to get email from any mail program to
any other:

Set up an IMAP server somewhere.
Add an account for yourself in your old email program.
Create IMAP folders on the server to match your personal folders.
Select messages in the personal folders.
Drag them to the appropriate IMAP folder.
Switch to the new email program.
Set up the IMAP account.
Drag the messages back to personal folders - or not...
Personally, I prefer to keep mail in IMAP folders
on a server so that I can use different clients on
different machines and always see the same thing.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com