[K12OSN] Purge users processes at logout

Dan Young dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us
Mon Apr 4 15:14:12 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 11:08 +0200, Trond Mæhlum wrote:
> If have understood things correctly, there is a option in K12LTSP4.2
> which is called  PURGE_PROCESSES=YES in /etc/sysconfig/k12ltsp.
>
> It doesn't seem to work. Every day firefox-bin is running at 90-99% for
> users long time gone... I solve this now by rebooting the LTSP servers
> every night. Are there more options to be set for this to work?

If you're using verynice (the default installation does,) you might try
adding firefox-bin to the "runaway_exe" list in /etc/verynice.conf

It will renice processes that hog the CPU, then kill them if they do
that for extended periods of time.

--
Dan Young <dan_young at parkrose.k12.or.us>
Parkrose School District