[K12OSN] Tux Paint question

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Apr 6 01:12:03 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 06:23:37PM -0600, John P. Conlon wrote:
> Is there a way to make the Tux Paint saved folder visible to the users
> without showing them the rest of the files in the Tux Paint folder.
> Preferably, please without having to do each user individually.  My
> students are doing a project that requires originally created graphics
> and need to be able to incorporate these graphics with text.

(Just so folks know, the new "tuxpaint-users"[*] mailing list is also
a good place for questions like this. ;^)  I'm trying to drum up postings!)

The "--savedir ..." option (or "savedir=..." in Tux Paint's config file)
might do the trick.  It could also be possible to use a symbolic link to
expose the standard saved-files directory.

Let me know whether either of these work.  If not, I'll put some more
brain power to it, and/or talk to you about possible tweaks for future
versions of Tux Paint, to make this easier for adminly folk like yourself. :)

Thx!

-bill!

[*] http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/lists/