[K12OSN] Dual monitors on single client?

Eric Brown ericbrown at mi-spot.com
Fri Apr 8 16:56:47 UTC 2005

Hello All,

I would like to know if anyone has put dual video cards for dual monitors on
one client, either as a mirrored screen, or extended screen.  I'm not picky.

In my classroom, I have 20 clients that run great off my server.  I have one
client hooked to a digital projector, so I can do presentations and show
kids where programs are, and how they work.  It's kind of a pain because I
have my back to the screen while I'm using the mouse and keyboard.  It would
be nice to put another video card and monitor in/on the client so I can look
at the montior rather than twist around to see the screen.  It would be even
better if, at times, I could use the client without turning on the
projector.

Moving things around so I can use the computer while looking at the screen
isn't really an option due to very limited space.  I've tried several
variations on this.

It'll take some work to dig the computer out of its hole, and then install
the second video card, so I thought I'd ask the list first.

Thanks,
Eric

Viva la Open Source!