[K12OSN] OT -- script named "User iFOrmation -- ufo"

Bimal Pandit bimal.pandit at indoasian.com
Sat Apr 9 11:29:57 UTC 2005

Dear All,

I have written a small script and named it "User iFOrmation -- ufo"
which i want to share with all of you, so where shall i put it!! on the
user list or there is some place for that, please let me know so that i
will post it accordingly

the script i have written will do as :-

1) List of Users Currently Logged in :- this option will tell you about
the names of all the users who are currently logged-in in your
system(ltsp server)

2) Process of User :- This option will tell you about the listt of all
the process(s) of a particular user

3) CPU and Memory Consumption :- This option will tell you about the
memory and CPU consumption by all users(accumulated), total and also per
user - per process and accumulated

4) Killing User Process :- This option will help you to kill all or
single process of a user, for this you will need to typein the complete
process e.g.

Enter username of whom to kill process :- bimal

running processes of bimal are :-

/opt/OpenOffice.org1.1.3/program/soffice.bin

so you need to type or cut & paste this!! in case of killing single
process.

5) User Details :- This option will tell you about the total system and
general users you have on your system with their UID,GID and NAME

NOTE:-
------

i have tested this script on redhat box, though this script may not be
the best/professional one, but is helping me a lot, so i just want to
share it with all, BUT use it at YOUR OWN RISK!!

you need to use this as a SUPER USER(root), so i would recommend to put
it in "/sbin", change its permission as "chmod 710 ufo"

any suggestion/modification/comments will always be welcomed as there
may be a lot of things which may have skipped my mind or may be i dont
know!!

--
regards,

Bimal Pandit
bimal.pandit at indoasian.com
IndoAsian Fusegear Ltd.
Noida, U.P – 201305
Phone:- +91-120-2568472/2568093-098
Fax:- +91-120-2568473
Website:- www.indoasian.com

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark;
professionals built the Titanic.   --   Anonymous