[K12OSN] WINE not working on 4.2.0 - SOLVED

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Sun Apr 10 03:46:00 UTC 2005

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Olle Niit wrote:

> I found answer for my question.
>
> Problem comes with initscripts-7.93.7-1
> If remove this rpm and install initscripts-7.93.2-1
> and reboot then wine works again.

That is fascinating, I don't see any changes between the
two version that I would expect to cause problems with
wine.

There are a lot of config files in the initscripts
package. I wonder if you had a troublesome entry in
one of them that was replaced when you down-graded
the package?

If a config file was replaced, it should have saved
a copy with a *.rpmsave extention. Try running this
little script to see if you have any *.rpmsave
files associated with the initscripts package:

for file in `rpm -qc initscripts` ;
do [ -f ${file}.rpmsave ] && echo ${file} ; done

-Eric