[K12OSN] Regressions after yum update

mrok12osn at eastgranby.k12.ct.us mrok12osn at eastgranby.k12.ct.us
Sun Apr 10 16:14:49 UTC 2005

Hi Eric,

I have downloaded the test xorg-x11 packages but cannot test them until I
get into school on Monday.  I will let you know.

Regarding hwclock, the work around of adding the line

CLOCKFLAGS="--directisa"

to /etc/sysconfig/clock does work on our Dell PowerEdge 2800.

Can I also ask a question.  In /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit on about line 242,
there is a test for the existence of /etc/sysconfig/clock.

if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/clock ]; then
   . /etc/sysconfig/clock

What does the "." on the second line do?  There is a space after it.

Mark Orenstein
East Granby, CT School System