[K12OSN] School Size

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Tue Apr 12 17:25:28 UTC 2005

Here we serve ~240 students, only about 30 LTSP clients, 22 MS-XP, 10
Mac OS/X, but all student data/authentication is on the LTSP server,
Windows/Mac/thin client authentication, all student home directories,
all print quotas. We only have room on our campus for about 10-20 more
stations anywhere. So the single beefy server build last year is going
to be enough to do whatever we need.

Something I have noticed is that of most of the schools I talk to the
ratio of students to workstations is about 3:1, usually limited by
physical space. I'm wondering if this is accurate?

--Huck