[K12OSN] http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/linuxunix/0, 39020390,

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Apr 13 16:41:01 UTC 2005

> I guess what I'm trying to get at is why would I install
> Ubuntu LTSP at
> my school.  Sorry for the noobie-ness but I've been thinking about
> things like this ever since I jumped head first into the
> world of Linux.

Read up on the link here:
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/MueKow
It describes project MueKow.  The project is an attempt at totally
revamping how ltsp integrates with the core operating system.  From what
I understand this is the main reason for working with Ubuntu.  They are
willing to help with this LTSP overhaul and pull some of the work
upstream.

I am not really the one to comment on this but that should help explain
why there is a possible switch.

You also need to realize you are following K12LTSP which is LTSP
packaged with Fedora.  LTSP is made to load on top of virtually any
Linux distro.  So for LTSP this isn't really a switch, just someone to
possibly partner with for development.  As for K12LTSP, that may or may
not stay with Fedora, or maybe Eric is planning on supporting both
Fedora and Ubuntu (and possibly) others in the future.