wrong list? was - Re: [K12OSN] kpasswd command

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Thu Apr 14 01:53:54 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 20:17 +0200, Trond Mæhlum wrote:
> ons, 13,.04.2005 kl. 19.49 +0200, skrev Trond Mæhlum:
> > Still doing Debian LTSP testing. Can someone tell me where the kpasswd
> > command comes from? I use it for my students to change their passwords.
> >
> > I cannot seem to find the kpasswd for Debian. Is it a KDE thing? Or does
> > the 'K' perhaps mean something else?
>
> Sorry for me being noisy today. Off course it isn't kpasswd but
> _userpasswd_. Question remains though, since userpasswd isn't in Debain
> either...
>
> Trond

Trond, I know from subscribing to this list for more than 18mths that
everyone here is exceptionally helpful.  Perhaps that is why you are
here?  However, your postings are all related to LTSP built on top of
another distro - in your case I read debian.  Not meaning to be elitist,
but your posting would be better served on the LTSP list where you will
find people with the same setup.  K12LTSP is (so far) built ONLY on
Fedora, and any other distro-specific questions are not relevant to the
vast majority of listers here :-).  You will find LTSP here:

Try them, they seem very helpful, too - right Jim? ;-)

--
Regards,
        Gavin Chester