[K12OSN] OT: Question about my laptop...XP, Fedora, Ubuntu and GRUB

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 18:42:16 UTC 2005

I assume you have grub installed in the MBR.  If so,
it won't be touched when you delete the FC3
partition(s).  So when you install Ubuntu, if it
doesn't install a bootloader for you, the worst that
will happen is it will require some configuration to
boot Ubuntu.  But Windows should boot just fine
because like I said, your current bootloader won't be
touched.

If Ubuntu does install a new bootloader, I assume it
would provide you access to your Windows system, but I
can't say for sure.

In any case, you'll be able to configure grub with a
Knoppix CD.  I can't give you specifics, but I've done
it with lilo.

-Rob