[K12OSN] LTSP, WINE, RDesktop & Sound

Timothy Legge tlegge at rogers.com
Fri Apr 15 10:08:27 UTC 2005

Casey Woods wrote:

> We have approximately 120 Windows 2000 computers that are mostly Dell
> Optiplexes.  They have lots of memory and are running as well as can be

[snip]

> My concern is providing sound to the LTSP clients.  And specifically for
> providing sound for a few Windows applications that just won't go away.

I can't help with Windows but if you have any issue with the Optiplexes,
they may have ISA sound cards.  I struggled with sound for a while and
gave up.  Then recently I realized that the on-board card on some
Compaqs (and then our Dells) were ISA.  It never crossed my mind that
fairly recent machines (PIIs) would have on board ISA.

Once I provided the correct driver, io, irq and dma in the lts.conf file
everything worked.

Tim