[K12OSN] Implementing K12LTSP on 100+ clients

Byron Kapali bklinux at verizon.net
Fri Apr 15 18:14:32 UTC 2005

Our campus is mostly PCs running off a Windows PDC while our router
handles the DHCP.  Here is my question...I would like to setup 100+
thinclients across campus in different buildings and classrooms.  The
only way I know how to setup K12LTSP is to have all the thinclients on a
switch with the server as the bridge to the internet/router.  The reason
for doing this is so other computers would not try to access the K12LTSP
server as the DHCP server. (I know, preaching to the choir)  I DON'T
want to setup a K12LTSP server for every building or in some cases every
floor. (Do I have to just give in and do it?)

How can I setup K12LTSP so it can go from classroom to classroom,
building to building, and not get confused with the router as the DHCP
server.  Is there a way to modify the boot disk or chip boot script to
go to the K12LTSP server only.  Also, would I need to modify my Windows
computers as well so that it ignores K12LTSP as a DHCP server?  Any
suggestion?

Thanks,
Byron