[K12OSN] DansGuardian

Liam Marshall lsrpm-1 at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 18 16:45:03 UTC 2005

I am running K12ltsp out of the box so to speak

I have been running my lab without dansguardian or squid/squidguard.

I have since run into several situations where content filtering would be usefull.

I have played with some settings and have gotten dansguardian to filter my workstation, when I log in as me (proof that it is working) but had to go into the connection settings and say that the HTTP proxy was the ip address of the server with port 8080

How do I make that change (HTTP proxy ipaddy port 8080) to everyone and make it so that they cannot change this when they log in.  I am assuming/hoping I do not have to log in as each individual user (over 300!) and manually do this?

It would be nice if I could be selective, ie teachers not filtered as much, but I would accept a blanket, all user, solution