[K12OSN]usb/pen/thunbdrives& floppy access>this works!

Zouhir.Hafidi at math.univ-lille1.fr Zouhir.Hafidi at math.univ-lille1.fr
Tue Apr 19 18:45:35 UTC 2005

> Eric,,
>
>     I have tryed this setup on several thin clients and 4 servers ,like I
> said and works without a  hitch.
>
>     Get ya a terminal with a floppy, & usb ports that are detected
> ,correctly during bootup, and you can see that it does work.
I confirm ;-)

> BTW : I think
> the usb/pendrive has to be inserted in the terminal before you boot the
> terminal.
No, you haven't to insert the usb key before booting the terminal.

You can insert a same USB key as many time as you want but if you insert
another key, it will not be accessed until you reboot the terminal as I
explained it in
http://math.univ-lille1.fr/~hafidi/terminal-services/authentication_and_homedirs_on_linux.html#local_drives-1

ZH