[K12OSN] Server Tuning

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Apr 19 21:04:37 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 15:07, Owen O Donovan wrote:

> My reading from your description  is that a single drive  isn't adequate to
> keep up with the demands.  iostat should show that.

I'm not sure that explains the high load average.  Only processes that
are runnable (i.e. not waiting on I/O) should be counted there.  The
IMAP server may be part of the problem.  If you have users with lots
of messages stored on the server you might want to switch to Cyrus
or at least make sure you have the current Dovecot server.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com