[K12OSN] Ubuntu question quick - Dave?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Apr 22 00:48:49 UTC 2005

> looks like use a normal acct then sudo with no root pw unkess you
> want to add one

Thanks Chuck.  I found out that if I run sudo passwd root with a standard
account I can enable a root password and it works.

Musicman, I guess I don't really mind this being set this way.  It just throws
you for a quick loop when you get started.  As long as it is made known it
shouldn't be a problem.  But I guess I don't really get how the Ubuntu guys
think this is added security, although I am sure they have their reasons.