[K12OSN] Ubuntu question quick - Dave?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Apr 22 15:02:17 UTC 2005

> Not sure if you solved this, but you can enable the ability to log
> in via gdm as root.  In the GUI....in Gnome...in the Security tab in
> Login prefs you can check a box to allow root to log in.  Be sure to
> set the password first with sudo passwd root.  Sorry so slow getting
> back to you....I was in Boston (again) this time for R&R with the
> family....took in a Red Sox game and so

No problem.  I haven't even tried logging into a gui yet.  This will be a mail
only server so I haven't even installed a gui.  All admin will be done through
a remote ssh connection.  But when I do this is a good tip.

Time with the family is always a good thing.  I make sure to stay away from my
email when I am on vacation as well, otherwise I get some stern looks from my
wife :-)