[K12OSN] Given this situation, why bother continue with LTSP?

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Fri Apr 22 15:30:52 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 17:00 +0100, Jon Spriggs wrote:
> Also... Dell's have a tendancy to use 810i hardware (at least the GX
> boxes we've had) which are a pain in the rear to get working in X.

Not anymore, if you run a 2.6 kernel (or newer 2.4). I'm using one fully
as I type. Sound, video and all. It really wasn't that much of a mess.
Granted, I'm not running LTSP on this machine, but it should follow.

I'd be willing to share my configs. Email me directly as I might miss a
list post.

JSR/