[K12OSN] Given this situation, why bother continue with LTSP?

John P. Conlon jconlon1 at elp.rr.com
Fri Apr 22 18:20:46 UTC 2005

SNIPPET:
<>1) If the parents think the children are being
>  > somehow handicapped by using Linux, they should be
>  > shown some of the articles I've seen on the internet

 From a teachers point of view the thought that students are being
handicapped is pure bunk.  My students routinely change operating system
without even blinking.  They use K12LTSP Linux in school, e-mail work to
themselves, continue working on it in Windows at home, send it back to
themselves, and the next school day just keep on keepin' on.  Also their
ability to change platforms is not limited to Linux and Windows but also
to MAC OS versions 5 through 10.  I even have one student who uses OS-2
because his dad brought a junk machine home from work one day.  All in
all I feel it is the parents who are handicapped and through lack of
knowledge are handicapping their children as well.

Pat