[K12OSN] How to launch an LTSP session from a dedicated Linux box?

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Mon Apr 25 13:41:10 UTC 2005

I can think of two approaches:

1. Run Xnest on the client.  I think the syntax is something like

Xnest :1 -indirect ltspserver

where ltspserver is the name of your, uh, LTSP server.  I do this on my wife's laptop.
The laptop is running Xandros where she runs Firefox so that sound works consistently.
But sometimes she needs to get to our terminal server, so I gave her an icon that calls
the above.  It brings up the terminal server login screen within a window.

2. Use VNCviewer to connect to the VNC server on the LTSP server which is launched vi
xinetd.

HTH.

Petre