[K12OSN] localhost kernel: lockd: cannot monitor 10.0.1.110

Nick Fenger nickfmail4-lists at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 00:51:12 UTC 2005

I just did a kernal update to version:
2.6.11-1.14_FC3smp on my ldap server (PDC) and my 4
k12ltsp servers.

The following error has been logged intermittently on
the PDC:

Apr 26 13:56:11 localhost kernel: lockd: cannot
monitor 10.0.1.111
Apr 26 14:11:13 localhost kernel: lockd: cannot
monitor 10.0.1.138

This occurs with the ip address of my terminal servers
and I am also having problems with those servers
losing their eth1 net card configuraiton (not sure if
this is related or not). I was able to fix the net
card dropping stuff by physically removing the cards,
rebooting, then reinsert and having it reconfigured
with kudzu.

Any Ideas?

Nick Fenger
Trillium Charter School