[K12OSN] Squid / SquidGuard architecture

bear2bar at netscape.net bear2bar at netscape.net
Wed Apr 27 13:20:41 UTC 2005

Hi,

OK I know this may yet be another dumb question but ...

Since the lab "lost" its DansGuardian system (School reappropriation ^ redeployment of equipment) I've had ongoing problems getting Squid & squidguard working.
So here goes..
1) Should this setup on a single server or two ?
1a) If one how ? I get everything blocked or nothing
1b) If two what SW goes on which box & how are they tied ?

2) Should  this/these servers be on their own switch/hub connected to the outside world & then anoother connection to a switch/hub for the lab ?

thank you for your HELP

norbert

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.