[K12OSN] IceWM, Gnome & Nautilus FRUSTRATIONS

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Thu Apr 28 03:44:37 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 09:24 -0700, richard ingalls wrote:
> Can anyone help me get IceWM working WITH the desktop
> icons and file manager, etc.?  Can anyone help me get
> GNOME working?

In 3.1.2 IceWm manager version was launched with nautilus so that
desktop and icons would be there. The current version of IceWM does not
automatically launch nautilus. The way out we are using is adding a
launcher in the menu for home directory. Whenever user presses this
nautilus is launched and desktop with background and icons appear. You
need to add the following in /usr/share/icewm/menu:
prog "Home" /usr/share/pixmaps/redhat-home.png nautilus

We have added the following two lines also to make the working easier.
One launches password change and other a calculator. Me have commented
out Gnome & KDE menus for normal users using the third~fifth line below
(Lines may be wrapped):
prog "Change Password" /usr/share/pixmaps/keyring.png userpasswd
prog "Calculator" /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-calc3.png gcalctool
# menuprog Gnome folder icewm-menu-gnome1 --list
# menuprog Gnome folder icewm-menu-gnome2 --list
# menuprog KDE folder icewm-menu-gnome --
list /usr/src/bachbuilder/.kde/share/applnk/

If any one can give a soluition to directly launch nautilus I would
appreciate too.

HTH
--
Sudev Barar