[K12OSN] IceWM, Gnome & Nautilus FRUSTRATIONS

Kevin Squire gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Thu Apr 28 12:18:34 UTC 2005

As someone else mentioned, I find running Nautilus and IceWM together to
be somewhat counter-productive.  With Ice being such a nice, light
weight window manager, and nautilus being a full fledge (bloated?) file
manager/desktop manager.

Personnally I have had great success using Rox-Filer as the file manager
when using IceWM.  Rox does have the ability to control the wallpaper
and desktop icons by using the 'pinboard' feature.  I have found IceWM
and Rox together, along with some icon and config tweaking, creates a
really impressive and "comfortable" environment for those used to the
Windows world.