[K12OSN] Disk Quota SAMBA/LDAP?

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Thu Apr 28 15:37:43 UTC 2005

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> Has anyone tried setting disk quotas for users created with the
> SAMBA/LDAP script?
>
> Just wondering if this still works the same as always or not.  I was
> just thinking that disk quotas were built off of local system accounts
> and wasn't sure if they would properly affect LDAP users.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim Kronebusch
> Cotter Tech Department
> 507-453-5188
> jim at winonacotter.org

I've tried it, I created a "standard user" with all the quota's setup and
then inserted I line in the batch add script just after it sets the
smbpasswd to do a edquota -p "standard users" "username" (I think it's
edquota -p) and it seemed to work on my test server.

I'm about to setup our main production server so I'll be trying it more
soon.

Brian Chivers