[K12OSN] IceWM, Gnome & Nautilus FRUSTRATIONS

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Apr 28 20:57:49 UTC 2005

> - RedHat8.0 based K12LTSP (3.0.0) server; serving
> /home out to other LTSP servers (all RH8).  No
> problems.
> - upgraded the OTHER classroom machines to FC3 based
> K12LTSP (4.2.0); everything still worked fine
>
> THEN
> -upgraded the /home server to FC3 (4.2.0); did a
> complete FRESH install

Are you missing something that synced the users from the other classroom
machines to the /home server?  Maybe user ID's no longer match if that
used to be the master list of users and is completely fresh.

Are you sure /home is exported correctly and is actually being mounted
on the other machines?

Sounds like this must be something simple.  I wish I could be more help.
The simple things always kill ya.