[ok-mail] [K12OSN] weird squidguard problem

Adam Melancon adammelancon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 16:21:24 UTC 2005

I tweaked this script to only rebuild my custom allow/deny files,
which makes things faster than running the updateblacklist script.

You can tweak it to suit the names of the files you are using.

[root at ltsp40 root]# cat rebuildallowdeny.sh
#!/bin/bash

#rebuild the custom databases
/usr/sbin/squidGuard -c /etc/squid/squidGuard.conf  -C
local-denied.destdomainlist
/usr/sbin/squidGuard -c /etc/squid/squidGuard.conf  -C local-allowed.desturllist
/usr/sbin/squidGuard -c /etc/squid/squidGuard.conf  -C local-denied.desturllist
/usr/sbin/squidGuard -c /etc/squid/squidGuard.conf  -C
local-allowed.destdomainlist

#change permissions back to squid
chown -R squid.squid /var/squidGuard/blacklists/
chown -R squid.squid /var/log/squidGuard/

sleep 5s

#restart squid and squidguard
/usr/bin/killall -HUP squid
sleep 5s

#show me the last 80 lines of the log to make sure it started correctly
tail -n 80 /var/log/squidGuard/squidGuard.log

[root at ltsp40 root]#

Enjoy!

--
Adam Melancon