[K12OSN] iMacs on LTSP - problems

Christopher Butler cbutler at shoreschool.org
Wed Apr 6 21:45:59 UTC 2005

The good news is that I finally got an iMac to boot from my LTSP server.
It's an old Bondi (I'm still having trouble with one of the middle-age
lime green DV models - it boots just fine, but I can't get it to go
graphical - startx either craps out or just goes to a blank screen forever
(I've waited hours)).

Now comes the bad news - keyboard and mouse issues:
1 - I keep getting the XKB errors when I log in (we use IceWM).  Actually
on the first login (and on the first login after running the
reset-default-desktop tool) I get about 8 of the XKB error messages all
over the screen, but subsequent logins only produce one.  What should I be
setting for the keyboard options in the lts.conf file to correct this?
2 - single-button mouse.  What key/mouse combination do I use to get
right-click behaviour from a single-button mouse?

Christopher Butler
Director of Technology
Shore Country Day School
Beverly, MA 01915