[K12OSN] dhcpd.conf overwritten

Bjørn Roger Rasmussen brr at brr.no
Thu Apr 7 04:45:02 UTC 2005

At 23:00 06.04.2005, Gideon Romm wrote:
>Hello, all.  I have received some reports from folks operating K12LTSP who
>have performed a yum update, that the dhcpd.conf file is overwritten by
>the new K12 RPMs.  If this happens on a production server with the SMS or
>SWM, you should be able to recover your old file from
>/etc/dhcpd.conf.symbiont.save.0 (which would be the last most recent one
>since its been changed).

I got that problem! A new /etc/dhcpd.conf - file without all my
configurations. But I found the old dhcpd.conf files saved as
/etc/dhcpd.conf.rpmsave (I think it was that name) and could copy
information from that to the running config file.

The way I noticed the problem was that noone of the old computers with old
mouse (seriell) or S 3 graphics card got problems during the boot.

Bjorn Roger Rasmussen

***
Bjørn Roger Rasmussen (http://www.brr.no/)