[K12OSN] Printertrouble on K12LTSP4.2

mella mellax at pm.ee
Fri Apr 8 10:59:49 UTC 2005

>I have gotten into some printertrouble in K12LTSP4.2. I believe this
> must be an FC3 thing, since it didn't happen in K12LTSP4.0.

I have also such problem with HP LJ4 printers and problems begin after upgrading to FC3.

If anybody print Letter format to A4 printer, it needs user manual intervention on printer panel. If user let it be, CUPS switches queue off after some time. Printer still show "READY".

I still have no solution and I do localhost:631 and "configure printer" cycle for stopped queue. Ant I start queue again.

Problem is definitely in CUPS configuration. Maybe some kind of timeouts.