[K12OSN] [OT] Linux on TC1000 tablet PC

jessemcdonnell at comcast.net jessemcdonnell at comcast.net
Tue Apr 12 12:55:34 UTC 2005

I'm trying to help one of our students get linux dual booting on their Compaq TC1000 tablet (Transmeta processor). The hard drive install from the Knoppix 3.7 cd worked fine after disabling pcmcia initiation. Using lilo with the NT bootloader, the kernel loading doesn't complete - I get a series of dots and then it stops (partially loaded kernel).

Anyone on the list have a tc1000 working and/or any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jesse McDonnell

PS: Tried the K12LTSP-4.2.0 install but it didn't boot either. It also couldn't identify the monitor so I went back to knoppix/debian.