[K12OSN] updating samba

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Apr 13 05:53:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Carl Keil wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know an easy way to update samba to the latest release?  rpm -qa
> samba yields "samba-3.0.10-1.fc3".  I'm hoping going to 3.0.14 will fix the
> Win2k drag and drop bug that's been caused by a recent Windows Critical Update
> has caused.  yum update samba and yum upgrade samba find "No Packages marked
> for Update/Obsoletion.  Is there a way to do this with yum, or do I have to do
> the whole download/unzip/tar/config/make/make install dance.
>
> Thanks,

If you want install by hand, Samba.org usually has the latest-n-greatest
pre-packaged. Right now they only have 3.0.12...

http://us4.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/Fedora/RPMS/i386/core/3/

Sometimes you can find pre-release packages on the Fedora download server:

ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/3/i386/

-Eric